In this section I am listing all books and book chapters which I found available in internet –mainly Google Book service– and which have helped me to construct my theoretical framework. Academic articles, media releases, online journal papers and other materials are not listed here but in the References section (soon).
- Foucault, M. (1977) The archaeology of knowledge, London: Tavistock Publications. (pp. 121-143)
- Deborah Tannen (2002) Discourse Analysis, Washington; Linguistic Society of America. (short link»)
- Gillian Brown, George Yule (1983) Discourse Analysis, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. (pp. 190-221)
- Echeverría, R. (2006) Ontología del lenguaje, Madrid: Granica»
- Natural disasters and development in a globalizing world by Mark Pelling»
- The vulnerability of cities: natural disasters and social resilience by Mark Pelling»
- Resilient Cities: Cities and Adaptation to Climate Change by Dirk Heinrichs and Krellenberg Kerstin»
- The Need for Rethinking the Concepts of Vulnerability and Risk from a Holistic Perspective: A Necessary Review and Criticism for Effective Risk Management by O.D. Cardona»
- Human ecology: basic concepts for sustainable development by Gerald G. Marten» (pp.65-70)
- Applied Urban Ecology: A Global Framework, Chapter 8: Multiscale Flood Risk Assessment in Urban Areas – A Geoinformatics Approach by Matthias Richter and Ulrike Weiland» (pp.91-105) “Disaster Risk Theory”
- At risk: natural hazards, people’s vulnerability, and disasters 1st Ed. by Piers M. Blaikie et al.»
- Natural disasters by David E. Alexander» “Spatial aspects of disasters” Scale.
- Measuring Vulnerability To Natural Hazards by Birkmann»
- What is a disaster?: perspectives on questions by Enrico Quarentelli»
- Mapping Vulnerability: Disasters, Development, and People by Greg Bankoff et al.»
- Vulnerabilidad: El entorno social, político y económico de los desastres by Piers Blaikie et al.»
- Everything In Its Path by Kai T. Erikson»
- The environment as Hazard by Ian Burton, Gilbert F. White and Robert Kates.»
- The Neoliberal Production of Vulnerability and Unequal Risk by Collins and Jimenez»
- Vulnerability accumulation in peripheral regions in Latin America by Maskrey A (1993)»
- Keil, R. & Mahon, R. (2009) Leviathan undone? Towards a political economy of scale»
- Smith, N. (1993) ‘Homeless/Global : Scaling Places’, in Bird, J., Curtis, B., Putnam, T., Robertson, G. & Tickner, L. (Eds.), Mapping the Futures : Local Cultures, Global Change, London: Routledge, 87-119. Link»
- Knox, P. L. and Taylor, P. J. (1995) World Cities in a World-system, Cambridge ; New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Middleton, N. and O’Keefe, P. (1997) Disaster and Development: The Politics of Humanitarian Aid, London: Pluto Press.
- Hudson J C 1992 ‘Scale in space and time’. In: Abler R F, Marcus, Geography’s Inner Worlds: Pervasive Themes in Contemporary American Geography, Rutgers University Pres New Jersey, USA. (pp. 280)
- What is a city?: rethinking the urban after Hurricane Katrina by Philip E. Steinberg and Rob Shields»
- Cities and the creative class by Richard L. Florida»
- National Systems of Innovation: Toward a Theory of Innovation and… by Bengt-Åke Lundval»
- Chile and the Neoliberal Trap: The Post-Pinochet Era by Andrés Solimano»