PhD in Development Planning at the Bartlett Development Planning Unit (DPU), University College London (UCL), MSc. in Urban Management at Technische Universität Berlin (TU-Berlin), and Designer at Universidad Católica de Temuco (UC-Temuco), Chile. Currently, I am working as Postdoctoral Associate at the Extreme Events Institute, Florida International University (FIU).
Research interests on radical interpretations of disasters (RADIX), forensic investigations of disasters (FORIN), disaster vulnerability and resilience, and risk and disaster governance.
Other affiliations and memberships
- Visiting Researcher at the Disaster Research Unit (DRU), Freie Universität Berlin.
- Associate member of the Global Network of Civil Society Organisations for Disaster Reduction (GNDR).
- Editor of the Journal of Latin American Studies on Disaster Risk Reduction (REDER)
- International specialist on Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change Adaptation at the Indonesia Climate Mitigation Technical Organization (CLIMIGATO).
- Member of i-Rec Network – Information and Research for Reconstruction. i-Rec U Montreal.ca»
- Member of the Red de Talentos para la Innovación ChileGlobal (Talent Network for Innovation: ChileGlobal).
- Columnist and member of the RedEncuentros.org
In the past:
- Member at Environmental Justice, Urbanisation, and Resilience Research Cluster (EJUR) at the DPU-UCL»
- Research student member at the UCL Urban Laboratory»
- Student member at UCL’s Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction (IRDR)
- General coordinator of the Network of Chilean Researchers in the UK – REUK»
- Dissertation Fellow at the Research Center for Vulnerabilities and Socio-natural Disaster (CIVDES) at the Universidad de Chile.
- Co-founder of ChileGlobal Seminars UK»
- Co-founder of the UCLU Chilean Society»
- Student member of the Development Studies Association (DSA), UK.
- Editor at Online Journal ForoAlfa (ISSN 1851-5606)
- Member of International Design Centre Berlin»
- Student Union Secretary (School of Design), UC-Temuco, Chile.