Postdoctoral Research Associate at the Katastrophenforschungsstelle (Disaster Research Unit), Freie Unverstität Berlin. Consultant and researcher on Urban Disaster Risk Governance. PhD in Development Planning at the Bartlett Development Planning Unit (DPU), University College London (UCL), MSc. in Urban Management at Technische Universität Berlin (TU-Berlin), and Designer at Universidad Católica de Temuco (UC-Temuco), Chile. Founder of the Journal of Latin American Studies on Disaster Risk Reduction REDER, and GRID Chile.
Research interests on transdisciplinary and evidenced-based research, radical interpretations of disasters (RADIX), forensic investigations of disasters (FORIN), disaster vulnerability and climate-resilient urban development, risk and disaster governance.
Other affiliations and memberships
- Associate member of the Global Network of Civil Society Organisations for Disaster Reduction (GNDR).
- Editor of the Journal of Latin American Studies on Disaster Risk Reduction (REDER)
- Member of i-Rec Network – Information and Research for Reconstruction. i-Rec U Montreal.ca»
- German Alumni Network for Ecology, Sustainability and Nature Conservation (ANESCo)
- Member of the Red de Talentos para la Innovación ChileGlobal (Talent Network for Innovation: ChileGlobal).
- Columnist and member of the RedEncuentros.org
- ANDROID Disaster Resilience Network
- Red de Universitarios de Latinoamérica y el Caribe para la Reducción de Riesgos de Emergencias y Desastres, Chile. REDULAC-Chile.
- Disaster and Emergency Research Network (DERN)
- Disaster, Conflict and Social Crisis Research Network (DCSCRN)
In the past:
- Faculty Research Associate at the Extreme Events Institute, Florida International University.
- Member at Environmental Justice, Urbanisation, and Resilience Research Cluster (EJUR) at the DPU-UCL»
- Research student member at the UCL Urban Laboratory»
- Student member at UCL’s Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction (IRDR)
- General coordinator of the Network of Chilean Researchers in the UK – REUK»
- Dissertation Fellow at the Research Center for Vulnerabilities and Socio-natural Disaster (CIVDES) at the Universidad de Chile.
- International specialist on Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change Adaptation at the Indonesia Climate Mitigation Technical Organization (CLIMIGATO).
- Co-founder of ChileGlobal Seminars UK»
- Co-founder of the UCLU Chilean Society»
- Student member of the Development Studies Association (DSA), UK.
- Member of International Design Centre Berlin»
- Student Union Secretary (School of Design), UC-Temuco, Chile.