Visiting Postdoctoral Research Associate at the Katastrophenforschungsstelle (Disaster Research Unit), Freie Universität Berlin. Consultant and researcher on Urban Disaster Risk Governance: European Commission, USAID, GIZ, among others. PhD in Development Planning at the Bartlett. Research interests on transdisciplinary and evidenced-based research, radical interpretations of disasters (RADIX), disaster vulnerability and climate-resilient urban development, risk and disaster governance.
Other affiliations, memberships, and collaborations
- CONVERGE Working group Disaster Capitalism & COVID-19. The National Science Foundation Natural Hazards Engineering Research Infrastructure (NHERI), Natural Hazards Center, University of Colorado Boulder.
- Associate member of the Global Network of Civil Society Organisations for Disaster Reduction (GNDR).
- Editor of the Journal of Latin American Studies on Disaster Risk Reduction (REDER)
- Member of i-Rec Network – Information and Research for Reconstruction. i-Rec U Montreal.ca»
- German Alumni Network for Ecology, Sustainability and Nature Conservation (ANESCo)
- Member of the Red de Talentos para la Innovación ChileGlobal (Talent Network for Innovation: ChileGlobal).
- Columnist and member of the RedEncuentros.org
- ANDROID Disaster Resilience Network
- Red de Universitarios de Latinoamérica y el Caribe para la Reducción de Riesgos de Emergencias y Desastres, Chile. REDULAC-Chile.
- Disaster and Emergency Research Network (DERN)
- Disaster, Conflict and Social Crisis Research Network (DCSCRN)
In the past:
- Faculty Research Associate at the Extreme Events Institute, Florida International University.
- Member at Environmental Justice, Urbanisation, and Resilience Research Cluster (EJUR) at the DPU-UCL»
- Research student member at the UCL Urban Laboratory»
- Student member at UCL’s Institute for Risk and Disaster Reduction (IRDR)
- General coordinator of the Network of Chilean Researchers in the UK – REUK»
- Dissertation Fellow at the Research Center for Vulnerabilities and Socio-natural Disaster (CIVDES) at the Universidad de Chile.
- International specialist on Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change Adaptation at the Indonesia Climate Mitigation Technical Organization (CLIMIGATO).
- Co-founder of ChileGlobal Seminars UK»
- Co-founder of the UCLU Chilean Society»
- Student member of the Development Studies Association (DSA), UK.
- Member of International Design Centre Berlin»
- Student Union Secretary (School of Design), UC-Temuco, Chile.